Re-ward Club Important Announcement
The Re-ward Club loyalty card will be ending 5 months early
We’re very sad to let everyone know that last month we were told that the government grant funding for Re-ward Club was being discontinued. We’ve been working behind the scenes to find an alternative source of funding but unfortunately we’ve not been successful so Re-ward Club is closing.
We really appreciate the support given to Re-ward Club by our members, retail partners and nominated community groups. We would also like to say a big thank you to everyone who has told us what a great idea Re-ward Club is.
Why is it ending?
Re-ward Club was only a trial scheme for 2 years from April 2012 and it is totally reliant on government funding from DEFRA to keep it running. Our pioneering scheme was geared towards changing attitudes and views by encouraging the use of reused, repaired or recycled products. Whilst we have lots of positive feedback and support there hasn’t been enough measurable change to justify continuation of funding.
Research has been carried out during the last 18 months and we hope the results of that will prove to be useful for future work we do and it contributes to wider learning in preparation for the launch of England’s National Waste Prevention Plan later in 2013.
What else do you need to know?
• Members can still collect tokens in the participating retailers until 30th August 2013.
• Re-ward Club Tokens should be logged online or posted back as soon as possible so we can send out any re-wards members are entitled to because Re-ward Vouchers will only be accepted in the retailers until 30th September 2013.
• Even if you don’t have enough tokens to claim a voucher please log them online or return them to us. For every token returned we will donate 50p to one of the community groups supported by Re-ward Club. Call, drop us an email or a note to let us know which community group we should donate to on your behalf.
If you have any questions about the closure please get in touch. You know the ways to contact us but here they are for easy reference – call 020 8150 9645, email email@example.com or write to Re-ward Club c/o WLWA, Transport Avenue, London TW8 9HF.
Want to get more involved with activities to reduce, re-use and repair?
If you’re interested in reducing, re-using, repairing and recycling and you live in the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow or Richmond, why not get involved with the other things we do. There’s more information on our website http://www.westlondonwaste.gov.uk/in-your-area but here’s a brief list:
• Talks and activities to help you save up to £50 a month with Love Food Hate Waste
• Swishing – using your clothes as currency to revamp your wardrobe at no cost
• Reduce and re-use sessions – including games and presentations suitable for all age groups
• Swapping and recycling events – for all sorts of household items including electrical items.
We’re keeping the website live and will be using it to signpost you to the places you can re-use, repair and hire locally.
Goodbye for now,
The Re-ward Club Team