Have a look at our questions page to find out more about Re-ward Club. If you want to know something else please get in touch.
What is the Re-ward Club?
The Re-ward club is an incentive scheme that Re-wards you for not buying new! It works like the loyalty schemes operated by coffee shops and supermarkets.
Every time you shop in one of our participating retailers you can collect 1 token for every £10 you spend, up to a maximum of 5 tokens on each visit. Once you have collected 10 tokens we will reward you with a £5 Re-ward club voucher to spend at any of the retailers taking part in the scheme.
It’s really that simple!
- Why should I join the Re-ward Club?
- How much does it cost to join?
- Who can join?
- How much do I have to spend to get Re-ward tokens?
- How do I join up?
- What kind of items can I purchase using the Re-ward Club?
- What do I do with the Re-ward tokens?
- How do I spend my vouchers?
- Can I donate my vouchers to a local good cause?
- What restrictions are there?
- Who is running the scheme and why?
- Will I be able to use my Re-ward card in other places in the future?
- Why give rewards for re-use and repair?
Why should I join the Re-ward Club?
There are loads of reasons for joining the Re-ward club. By joining the Re-ward Club:
- You are supporting your local business and community groups.
- You are helping reduce the amount of waste going to landfill, and less waste means lower costs for your council allowing them to spend money elsewhere and keep your Council Tax down.
- You can get money off goods you may already be planning to buy, by collecting tokens and redeeming vouchers.
- You can save money by repairing items instead of buying new replacements.
- It’s FREE so you have nothing to lose!
How much does it cost to join?
Nothing! For residents it’s absolutely free!
Who can join?
Anyone can join as long as they are a resident in the London Borough of Richmond, Brent or Hounslow. In the future we hope to include further neighbouring boroughs into the scheme.
How much do I have to spend to get Re-ward tokens?
You earn 1 token for each £10 you spend, with the first one given for a minimum spend of £4.50. Collect 10 tokens and you will earn a £5 voucher. You can use this voucher at any participating outlet.
How do I join up?
Joining up is free, quick and simple. You can sign up online (on this website), click on the sign up button and follow the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet you can also sign up via post by picking up one of our flyers and posting the attached form to us at:
Once your application is processed you will receive your membership card in the post along with Terms & Conditions, a list of affiliated retailers and instructions on how you can collect and redeem your Re-ward tokens.
What kind of items can I purchase using the Re-ward Club?
You can collect Re-ward tokens by purchasing and product or service that:
- Increases the life of a product e.g. repairing a TV
- Makes a good quality second hand product available to buy e.g. second hand clothes
- Stops someone buying something new e.g. hiring a hat or tools
- Contains recycled material e.g. art from recycled products or mouse mats from car tyres
What do I do with the Re-ward tokens?
Once you have collected 10 tokens from participating retailers you will be able to redeem them for a £5 voucher. You just send them back to us and we will mail you your voucher. It is just as easy as that!
How do I spend my vouchers?
You use your £5 Re-ward vouch just like any other high street voucher, just use it as full or part payment at one of our participating retailers.
Alternatively you can donate your £5 Re-ward voucher to a local charity or community group.
Can I donate my vouchers to a local good cause?
Yes you can. You can choose to donate your vouchers to a local community organisation. Three organisations in Brent, three in Richmond and three in Hounslow will be chosen each year.
What restrictions are there?
- The Re-ward club is currently only available in the London Boroughs of Richmond, Brent and Hounslow.
- You can only collect tokens and redeem vouchers at retailers who are members of the scheme.
- You cannot redeem Re-ward Tokens for cash.
- You cannot exchange vouchers for cash.
- You must use the voucher within the expiry date.
Who is running the scheme and why?
West London Waste Authority (WLWA) is running the Re-ward Club to incentivise increased spend by residents in shops and charity outlets that sell re-used items or repair items to extend their lifetime and prevent them being thrown away.
Will I be able to use my Re-ward card in other places in the future?
If Re-ward Club is a success it’s hoped to open it up to neighbouring boroughs and businesses where you can continue to use the Re-ward card.
Why give rewards for re-use and repair?
We want to stimulate the local economy by increasing spend in reuse and repair product and service providers. Also we want to reduce the number of items thrown away that could still be used because paying for landfill of waste is very expensive, by reducing waste the financial cost of disposing of waste is reduced.